Back to School Hair Styles – Are You Ready?
Back to School Hair Style Tips
Have you thought about what to do with your hair? Maybe you haven’t but as your on-line hairdresser, I’ve been thinking of you – and what you will be up against. Back to school means you will have less time each morning to fuss over hair styling. You’ll need quick easy, no fuss hairstyle that hopefully will look great and be flattering.
So here are my tips for making the transition from easy-living summer hair, to back to school hairstyles.
Keep it simple
Your hairstyle should work with your hair type not against it . . . end the battles and go with the natural grain of your hair. Unless you are very talented with styling your hair, you will find any big change will mean more time upfront on your hair styling routine each morning. When you’re pressed for time, this is stress you can do without. Save the new back to school hairstyle change till after you are into your new routine and are settled in. If you want to make a change, remember less-is-more. A small change can do wonders! Cut in bangs, grow out bangs, partial foil hair color, semi-permanent hair color.
Get it Healthy
Summer can leave your hair, dry, split ends and faded from the sun. If you swim in salt water or a pool you need some TLC to get back to healthy, shiny, and more vibrant hair. If your hair is damaged looking, it won’t look good, no matter how much you spend for the right hairstyle.
Try this Routine!
- Use a clarifying shampoo, once a week if needed to rid your hair of product buildup.
- Do a deep hair conditioning treatment, once a week, after clarifying. Use a shower cap or Saran wrap and towel to generate heat, leave it in your hair for at least 20 minutes in order to penetrate the hair shaft deeper.
- Add moisture if you have dry hair, by using a good hair moisturizing conditioner or moisturizing leave-in hair conditioner.
- Add protein if your hair is lifeless. That is a hair conditioner with collagen and elastin which adds a slight feel of thickness to the hair.
Learn 3 different ways to style your back to school hair style
By spending a little time spent up front learning just a couple new hair styling techniques, you will give your hair a break, save yourself time every day and get a reputation as being fashionable too! Too many women I see, assume the part of being hair styling impaired or just can’t visualize a different way of styling hair.
You will probably have a favorite way of hair styling, but by changing it around a bit, it won’t get old and tired looking. You will be seen as more creative too! At every haircut appointment you have, ask your hairdresser to show you a new way of styling your hair. Make sure to get the styling hair care product recommendations at the same time. You don’t need to buy the hair salon product, however, you will need the same type of product to achieve that particular look for your hair type.
- Learn how to use one new hair styling tool. Try a flat iron, different size curling iron, velcro rollers, hot rollers, rag rollers, bendy rollers, pin curls, roller brush iron, blow dryer with round brush attached, diffuser.
Learn to style with a product only and give your hair a break.
Try one of these: gel, spray gel, mousse, pomade, serum, curl enhancer, shine product, smoothing product, styling cream, root lifter, sculpting lotion, thermal spray, volumizer.
- Learn an updo. If your hair is long enough, learn one new way to get a classic, casual, contemporary or elegant look and change your look totally and quickly. A hairdresser, who is into their trade, can help you out here. Your hair doesn’t need to be as long as you may think to do some of these hairstyles for school girls.
- Learn to braid, they are back. Classes are given at my local Community Education, check it out in your area. The library is another source for learning to braid. Grab any teenage girl with long hair, she can probably WOW you with the back to school hairstyle possibilities.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (62), Your input matters.
62 Comments »