Smart Girl’s Guide to Finding the Best Hairstylist
Score the best hairstylist with ease
Going to the salon shouldn’t cause anxiety it should be a source of inspiration, relaxation, and joy. If you are regularly experiencing distress then maybe you need to find a new hairstylist. These are things I know as a beauty insider, there are certain key things you should look for. Before I give you the keys to fab hair, let me give you a homework assignment to get yourself ready for your new adventure.
Do Your Homework
- What are you looking for with your style? Most hairstylist love to get details on how you are styling your hair and how much time you are willing to spend, if you’re looking for a wash and go style then be sure to let them know.
- If you have pictures of cuts and colors we love these, but remember they are a reference point. Just because you have a picture of Jennifer Aniston does not mean you will look like her. Also it’s best to choose styles that have your similar texture and density of hair.
- Get excited and be positive! Negativity projects onto the new hairstylist, so give them a chance to WOW you and be open to their ideas about changes, new products and updated styles.
Where to look
- Check out social media, ask your friends for referrals and check out the hairstylist or salons on Facebook. See if they have any pictures posted and note how professional they are. Social media definitely tells you a story of how the stylist/salon works. Most up to date salons and stylist are going to be actively displaying their work on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- When you find a salon/stylist that you are interested in, stop in for a list of services. This will give you a chance to view the professionalism of the staff and ask about consultations. If you’re getting a good vibe, go ahead and schedule a consultation.
- Don’t shop cheap, don’t expect to get the best if you are only looking for cheap. Stylist who use good products, get good up to date education and pride themselves in exceptional work, are never the cheapest.
- When you go in for a consultation if the stylist asks you a lot of questions about what you have done to your hair in the past, what products you use, or how you style at home, then this is a good sign they care about your outcome.
- A hairstylist who goes to hair shows, trainings, and works at an education oriented salon is going to be a better hairstylist by far.
- How does the stylist present themselves? Are they dressed professionally are they up to date with their own style? Is their hair fresh and healthy? Are they distracted by phone calls and texting? If so, back away! Their complete attention should be on you
- Look for a clean salon and clean styling area, it’s the little things that add up to a successful salon/stylist.
- Do they seem to know what’s best for your face shape, hair type and lifestyle? If they aren’t offering ideas and good communication then it’s time to move on.
- What type of hair color do they use and what type products do they retail? A good stylist/salon will be proud of the brands they represent.
- A good hairstylist/salon has nothing to hide. Social media, education, dress and hair, if they are on point and ready to make you fabulous, then you know you have found a goldmine!
It’s not hard to find the best hairstylist that fits your vibe and personality, it just takes a little prep work. But the effort will pay off when you walk out of the salon looking great and feeling amazing!
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (2), Your input matters.
2 Comments »