Growing Hair Out? Here are some Ideas for the In-Betweens
Growing hair out can be a frustrating affair. Here are some tips for making life a little brighter!
About three times a week around here, either in an article, discussion board comment, or from a student in my class, “Finding the Right Hairstyle for You” I get a question something like this; “I’m growing my hair out, how do I cope while waiting for my hair to grow out?”
Here are several things that I recommend;
- Experiment with different styling techniques. Try lots of new things during each new stage, who knows maybe you’ll find an unexpected hairstyle that looks spectacular on you!
- Pay attention to any hairstyle that gets compliments. A compliment should be a great tip off, that a hairstyle really looks great on you.
- Do lots of fun stuff . . . tie in a scarf, try a hair extension, wear hair accessories and hair thingees often.
- Experiment with hair color. Use semi-permanent hair color that shampoos-out easily and quickly.
- Clip out a picture of the new hairstyle you are aiming for and post it on your mirror to keep you positive and determined.
- Take a multi-vitamin daily.
- Gently massage your scalp daily, (hairdressers receive special training on scalp message for a reason, it helps promote healthy hair and hair growth.)
- Drink lots of water.
- Moisturize your hair regularly with a product like Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer.
- Condition, condition, condition.
- Don’t set the clock back – damage is your worst enemy during this stage.
- Trim damaged ends regularly.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull too tightly, stretch, or snap the hair. Even a simple ponytail can be damaging to your hair if not done with care.
- Avoid over-processing.
- Minimize stress.
- Shampoo only as often as necessary.
- No rubbing with the towel.
- Don’t over expose your hair to the sun.
- Avoid any harsh chemical treatments.
- No perms.
- No hair straightening treatments.
- Easy on highlighting.
- Hold up on taking out a second mortgage for some snake oil salesman who claims he has a product that will make your hair grow faster.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (1), Your input matters.
1 Comment »