How To Score These Hairstyles for Mid Length Hair
These Hairstyles for Mid Length Hair are Pretty & Versatile
A vast majority of my clients look their best with mid length hair. Mid length is what I recommend for those clients who’ve had the long straight look since their college days. Going from long hair to a mid length style is an easy transition to something new and different. Quit debating over whether to grow your hair past the shoulders, or to go short with something off the ears . . . these two hairstyles for mid length hair are hot. Not too long, not too short, mid length hair can be customized to look good on any face shape. An on top of that, they are versatile and easy to maintain. These two looks will have you feeling like you just walked out of the salon with these simple DIY how-to tips.
A Mid-Length Hairstyle with Razored Ends
- THE CUT ~~ Mid-length hair is incredibly versatile when you pay attention to details. When women want to keep as much length as possible, Frances DuBose of London Hair in Mt. Peasant, SC, puts most of the focus on the ends. By lightly razoring sections in front, she adds an airy, feathery feeling to hair that’s otherwise blunt and thick.
- THE COLOR ~~ Blonde this bright usually comes from lightening, then toning the hair. To keep the hair color in the realm of reality, a few golden highlights are also added for depth and dimension. Depending on your natural hair color, you will have to make a commitment to upkeep; but isn’t the best of blondes worth it?
- HOW TO STYLE IT ~~ Apply a volumizing mousse through towel dried hair, dry most of it by using a wide paddle brush and large sections. While hair is still a bit damp, add lift and curve at the sides using a round brush, then curve the ends forward and flip them up. To help hair hold, mist ends underneath with a finishing spray.
Mid Length Hairstyle With a Flip
- THE CUT ~~ Beautifully thick mid length hair gets the high-class treatment from Frances DuBose, who graduates ends to add kick and keeps the top super-smooth. When flipped up, ends stack up on one another, becoming the focal point of the haircut.
- THE COLOR ~~ Brunettes go for hot chocolate this fall, and this shade is perfectly matched to skin tone with a hint of underlying plum. While most brunettes have cool undertones, that’s not always the case. For the best color, find out if warm or cool brunette is best for you.
- HOW TO STYLE IT ~~ Get out your hair styling mist and your medium diameter round hair brush. Remove excess moisture from your hair first, setting your hair dryer on high heat. Then mist on a styling gel and concentrate on turning ends up. Work in sections from front to back, and the bottom up. Then touch up ends again for a finish you’ll flip for.
For more great mid length looks check out our Pinterest Medium Hairstyles board.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.