How to Add Shine to Your Hair
DIY Insider How To Secrets to Adding Shine to Your Hair
Every time I see one of those glossy magazine ads or a TV commercial with a model who has gorgeous shiny, bouncy hair I think about the thousands of women who must be watching and longing for locks that look and feel that silky soft shine. Well, it is not as difficult as you might imagine.
With just a few minor changes made to your daily hair care routine can make a very big difference in the shine and bounce to your hair. Here are some things to try:
- For a deep-conditioning steam wrap, shampoo, rinse well, and apply conditioner. Dip a towel in hot water, wring it out and wrap hair in it. Relax in a steamy tub. The combination of the wrap and the bath, steam will open up your hair cuticle so that the conditioner penetrates more deeply. After about fifteen minutes, rinse.
- Don’t shampoo very curly hair every day–once or twice a week should be sufficient. On other days, rinse with water, apply a light leave-in conditioner, if need be.
- To minimize the frizziness in very curly hair, apply a leave-in conditioner with silicone after washing. To restore any curl that the silicone takes away, coil sections around your index and middle fingers . Then, don’t touch the hair until it’s 100% dry. Let air-dry or diffuse from 3 to 4 inches away.
- Enhance shine with a bit of silicone-based product. After washing, place one drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together and, starting at the ends, work your way up the shaft, avoiding the roots. A volumizing conditioner will thicken fine hair and make it manageable.
- If your hair is so fine, it tends to fall limp and flat, try conditioning it before you shampoo. Leave on a few minutes and wash. Hair won’t be weighed down by conditioner left on strands.
- Adopt a habit of cold-water rinses. They help close the cuticle, and the flatter the cuticle, the shinier the hair.
- Try a moisturizing shampoo to gently cleanse and add welcome hydration to dry hair.
- Brush your hair more often. Brushing your hair helps distribute your natural oils evenly down each hair shaft. The natural oils will reflect light which of course gives the appearance of shine, but even more importantly, giving each hair shaft protection it needs to maintain health.
- If your hair is fine, thin, short and not dry, skip the conditioner altogether.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.