How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
13 Things About How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Your Mom Never Told You About
As the indoor forced air heat days approach, so does the dry air triggering our hair to become uncontrollable and seemingly impossible to maintain. But don’t worry, it’s possible to turn those frizzy hair curls into beachy waves, or the “frizzy-ness” into a more sleek and smooth look. This is a common concern my clients have in the heat of the cold air of fall and winter and I’m excited to share these tips. Here are some simple steps to follow to say “goodbye” to frizzy hair.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Only wash it every couple of days to keep its natural oils. Learn how to create some second day hair looks.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo which is low in alkaline. High alkaline shampoo tends to dry out your hair.
- Always, always, always use conditioner.
- If you have fine or thin hair use a volumizing conditioner.
- Use only a small amount on the ends and work it through your hair.
- For all hair types, use a leave-in conditioner. This will help control your “flyaways” and protect your hair from heat.
Good Maintenance Routine
- Everyone’s hair is different. After a couple of applications you will know how much product is right for you. But remember, less is more! You can always add more product, but using too much can cause your hair to look and feel oily.
- Apply these products while your hair is still wet.
- Emulsify a dime size amount of product in your hands to get an even application. Repeat till proper amount is achieved.
Hot Styling Tools
- If letting your hair air-dry doesn’t work for you, or you just want a smoother look, use hot tools.
- Hot flat irons are great to tame down summer frizzy hair.
- The hotter and more powerful the blow dryer, the better it is at smoothing your hair. The high heat will help make your hair smooth and shiny.
Moroccanoil to Balance Hair Moisture to Tame Friz
I have discovered one universal truth: How a woman feels about herself inextricably linked to how she feels about her hair. I’ve found that incorporating simple, effective products like Moroccanoil Frizz Control, into a woman’s routine is an effortless way to lift her spirits.
No type of hair—healthy or dry, curly or straight—is immune to frizz. Humidity, over-processing and excessive brushing, combing or heat styling can cause the hair cuticle to open giving your cuticles a rough surface. The only way to quiet frizz and return hair to its optimal health is to seal those cuticles.
That’s just what Moroccanoil Frizz Control does. It perfectly balances moisture, keeping hair smooth. calm and manageable. Its unique, lightweight formulation comprising high-quality ingredients keep hair frizz-free no matter what type of hair you have.
Creating head turning hairstyles is simple. First, be sure to wash and condition with moisturizing, frizz-taming products like Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditìoner (other shampoos can be harsh and chemical-laden which further dehydrates hair and actually causes frizz). Then, apply a small amount of Moroccanoil Treatment to-clean, towel-dried hair. Blow-dry to remove excess moisture. Spray 3—5 pumps of Frizz Control approximately 10 inches from damp hair and comb through. Separate the hair into clean sections. Using a large round brush, blow-dry each section straight, from roots to ends.
To create a bit of volume at the crown, lift the top section and apply heat to the roots. For hair that will get noticed, part hair down the middle and finish with a few drops of Moroccanoil Treatment for added shine – and protection.
More Tips on How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.