Sexy Hairstyles How-to Tutorial
Sexy Hairstyles That Men Can’t Get Enough Of
Of course the most important thing is that a hairstyle boosts our own confidence, making us feel sexy and stylish, but it does feel good to capture a man’s attention while we’re at it. While it’s definitely fun to experiment with the trendiest haircuts and wild hair color techniques, most men have simple taste.
As women, we love to express our personal style through our hair, but we also don’t mind capturing the attention of the opposite sex while we’re at it. Not all men are created alike, but after talking to ten different guys about their favorite hairstyles for women, we did find that they all gave the following five hairstyles two sexy thumbs up.
Firefighter, Jeff (age 32), said that he “loves when women wear their hair down and wavy.” We happen to agree that a romantic wave is not only super popular hairstyle this spring and summer, but is definitely an ultra feminine and sexy look. Use a flat iron to create waves for medium and long lengths, or, use a large barrel curling iron around 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Finish with a working spray like Paul Mitchell “Worked Up” for light hold and shine.
Not only is this look easy to maintain and versatile, but it definitely makes it on the “sexy list” for men. Soft, wispy layers offer movement and volume to short, medium, and long hairstyles. Restaurant manager, Daniel (35) explains,”I love it when a woman’s hair is soft and moveable.” Opt for soft layers to achieve a natural, touchable looking hairstyle. Enhance the look of your layers by applying volumizing mousse to towel dried hair, and round-brushing with a blow dryer.
“The blonder the better,” according to personal trainer, Karl (33). Most men would agree that platinum blonde can be sexy, stunning, and irresistible. Cool blondes are a super popular look this season, and a fun and edgy color choice. But if you’ve never strayed to the blonde side before, be sure to ask a professional hair colorist if this would be a flattering choice for you. If platinum blonde is too drastic, you can always lighten your look with a few face framing foils.
When men think of “sexy”, often they’ll think of iconic women and their famous hairstyles.”When I think of sexy hair, I can’t help but think of Marilyn Monroe,” Nathan (doctor, 32) explains. We agree that sometimes the sexiest hairstyles are simple and timeless. For a night out consider channeling Audrey Hepburn with a dramatic bun, or sexy volume and wave like the irresistible Marilyn Monroe.
“I like it when women look like themselves, for example, I like nothing more than when my girlfriend wears her hair natural and wavy,”says waiter Adam (age 24). Not only is natural texture easy and carefree, but men love this casual and effortless look. Instead of torturing your hair with a flat iron, try adding a little Bumble and Bumble Texture Creme and blow drying it with a diffuser. Your hair will appreciate the break, and your man will love your natural sexy look.
My 13 Best Tips For Sexier Hair
- The number one secret to beautiful sexy hair is a healthy diet. Hair is a reflection of your overall health. Take a multivitamin, and don’t forget about protein . . . It’s what primarily comprises your hair.
- Get started with the right haircut. It should flatter your face and work with your texture. Be sure to tell your stylist about your hairstyling routine, so you get a look you can reconstruct. Nothing makes hair behave every day like a fabulous haircut!
- Need to make your blow dry last? Shampoo every other day with non-stripping Balance by James Joseph. Now, clip the front of your hair up and away from your face at night. Use a butterfly clip . . . or lots of itty bitty ones, with small teeth that are less likely to leave an indentation in your hair. This keeps your hair off your scalp and prevents it from getting too flat or greasy.
- Want an instant shine boost and a sleek style without static and flyaways? Put your conditioner in the fridge before use. At a lower temperature, conditioner instantly seals the cuticle.
- The Middy, or mid-length, swingy bob is your best go-to haircut. It’s like the little black dress of haircuts. That’s because it works for any texture, and uses minimal layering to frame the face. The blunt ends should be slightly concave to add more movement. That way, you can go wide at the sides without looking matronly or having curly locks turn into a bubble.
- Hat hair is flat, not fab! For a quick trick, spray Static Guard on the inside of the hat (wear one with a looser band or a cap, and avoid wool). Blow-dry your hair, then finish by misting Elnette Hairspray from L’Oreal on your brush and smoothing it over the strands before your hat goes on. For fuller styles, slip a silk scarf over your hair before you put on your hat.
- For shiny, healthy-looking hair, treat your color like its special, Blondes: Get regular protein and conditioning treatments, they help maintain your color and strengthen your hair. If you’re a brunette, don’t be ordinary, be extraordinary! Ask your hair stylist for dimensional hair color, then have a high-gloss shine treatment. Redheads, natural or otherwise, demand the most TLC. Deep-condition regularly.
- For healthy hair and scalp, Argan Oil is the latest craze, because it has high levels of Vitamin E and 80%fatty acids, which make it healing. I like Rusk Deep Shine Oil Treatment because it’s great for adding shine and protection to many hair types, plus its delicious scent is hard to resist.
- Don’t wash the ends of mid-length to long hair as much as the roots. I ask clients to wash their roots every other day and the ends only about twice a week. Shampoo is designed to strip and will dry your scalp and hair faster than any styling product, especially if your hair is color-treated. You can still wet and condition every day. Not only will your hair look, feel, and behave better, your color will last longer and curls will be better defined and frizz-free. If you do see oil between shampoos, use a dry shampoo at the roots.
- Did you know that many shampoos remove just 50-60% of product? That’s why I love ERASE. Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes to banish all build-up, your color will be brighter and your newly exfoliated scalp healthier.
- Fine hair is one of the hardest hair types to keep looking great. To add volume, towel-dry, apply a lightweight gel or mousse at the roots, then comb through. Flip your head over and blow-dry until your hair is 75% dry, this creates a foundation for volume. Then use a round brush and wrap medium sections under. For a smooth look, continually roll the hair through the brush to add polish and bannish frizz. Once hair is dry, take sections, roll the hair in the brush, hold it, and apply hot, then cool air for 10 seconds, this sets the hair in place. Once you’re done, you can leave it smooth or flip your head over one more time and blow it around for a bouncier, less perfect look.
- For bangs that behave, mist a medium-hold hairspray onto a flat brush, then work it through the fringe, directing it as desired. This will allow the “hold” to penetrate the section, rather than superficially cover it with misted-on hairspray.
- Color shines up any shade! For the best looking color, let go of big, chunky highlights and embrace subtlety. Think little-kid, natural highlights. Sun-kissed is sexy, especially once the weather turns cold.
Next time you’re looking to catch a guy’s eye, consider trying something soft, classic and natural.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Tags: Sexy HairstylesNovember 21, 2014 By: Lindsay Hausch Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.