Frizzy Hair? Here’s How to Tame Frizzy Hair
Little known insider secrets to tame frizzy hair
As the summer days approach, so does the humidity triggering our hair to become uncontrollable and seemingly impossible to maintain. But don’t worry, it’s possible to turn those frizzy hair curls into beachy waves, or the “frizzy-ness” into a more sleek and smooth look this summer. This is a common concern my clients have in the heat of summer and I’m always excited to share these tips. Here are some simple steps to follow to say “goodbye” to summer frizzy hair.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Only wash it every couple of days to keep its natural oils. Learn how to create some second day hair looks.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo which is low in alkaline. High alkaline shampoo tends to dry out your hair.
- Always, always, always use conditioner.
- If you have fine or thin hair use a volumizing conditioner.
- Use only a small amount on the ends and work it through your hair.
- For all hair types, use a leave-in conditioner. This will help control your “flyaways” and protect your hair from heat.
The Right Product
- Some of my favorite products are Moroccan Oil Frizz Control and Eufora Pure Polish. These products will control your frizz without weighing your hair down or making it feel oily.
- Always use a product that has UVA and UVB protection.
- Apply these products while your hair is still wet.
- Emulsify a dime size amount of product in your hands to get an even application. Repeat till proper amount is achieved.
- Everyone’s hair is different. After a couple of applications you will know how much product is right for you. But remember, less is more! You can always add more product but using too much can cause your hair to look and feel oily.
Hot Styling Tools
- If letting your hair air-dry doesn’t work for you, or you just want a smoother look, use hot tools.
- Hot flat irons are great to tame down summer frizzy hair.
- The hotter and more powerful the blow dryer, the better it is at smoothing your hair. The high heat will help make your hair smooth and shiny.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
2 Comments »