Thinning Hair in Women
Dealing with the Realities of Thinning Hair in Women
Did you know that half of all men in the world and every three in ten women will experience some form of hair loss or thinning hair in life?
The cause of thinning hair in women and hair loss can result from several factors like your genes, meaning, hair loss is hereditary. If your mother and/or father suffer from hair loss, know that there is a possibility you may experience hair loss too. Women who develop this trait often see thinning at the hair line behind the bangs, according to Pamela Jakubowicz, MD, a dermatologist at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City.
Pregnancy, weight loss, surgery, extreme stress, medications or medical conditions are other possible causes of thinning hair or hair loss. The scientific term for these hair loss causes is telogen effluvium and can result in about six weeks to three months’ worth of hair loss. Certain hairstyles and hair products can contribute to thinning of hair as well.
There are solutions to help prevent or conceal the appearance of hair loss or hair thinning.
Hair Loss Prevention
- Reduce the heat ~~ Heat is a major source of all kinds of issues with your hair. Be careful with overheating hair. When using hot tools like blow dryers or flat irons, always use the lowest or coolest settings necessary to get the job done. Excessive heat on hair can lead to damage and eventually hair loss.
- Eat Healthier ~~ You are what you eat, keep foods high in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. Choices like walnuts, beans, fish and dairy contain omega-3 fatty acids and will help keep you and your hair healthy and strong.
- Loosen up Ponytails ~~ Over time, a tight ponytail can result in the loss of hair. Loosen up your ponytail holder and save your hair from the all that stress at the roots.
Hair Loss Solutions
- Wigs and Extensions ~~Wigs and hair pieces are a great alternative to hair loss. There is an abundance of good quality pieces in many styles and colors at affordable prices too. They work well in masking thinning or balding areas.
- Hair Fibers ~~ Hair fibers like Infinity Hair Fibers conceal the appearance of hair loss and create a long-lasting bond between your existing hair and the hair fibers. Infinity is able to create the appearance of a full head of hair when the fibers are applied to the thinning hair areas (it is like a powder consistency). Infinity provides the illusion of a full head of hair that lasts until the fibers are washed out.
- Creative Hair Styling ~~ Styling hair in specific ways like comb-overs, deep parts or even using hair accessories like headbands, bobby pins and bows are ways to cover the appearance of hair loss. Play around with different styles to see which best suites your hair.
Guest Author Jessica Mosley a beauty products expert with BigDaddyBeauty.com, who offers beauty products by top brands like China Glaze, Hempz, Spornette, Purely Pro and more. Big Daddy Beauty prides itself in customer service satisfaction guarantee and offers affordable beauty products for home or salon and spa use. For more info, visit BigDaddyBeauty.com
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
Leave your comments (0), Your input matters.
No Comments »
No comments yet.